Friday, October 28, 2011

Can't Vlog, Won't Vlog: A Response to johnreagannumber1

21stCenturyCat 'attempts' to respond to johnreagannumber1's "Compressing Your Life Away" video with a Vlog!? Perhaps I should just stick to what I know... Background: In the original "Compressing Your Life Away" video John talked about (amongst other things) the frustrations he has with the vast amount of hard drive space taken up by raw video footage, and the wasted time he spends compressing the footage to save a bit of space. Apologies John, this video fails to answer many of the points you raised in your video so just for you (I suspect very few other people will read it) a more thorough text response is below. Unabridged answer 1. I have my YouTube settings set to default to always watch 'High Quality' videos when available 2. When I used to upload videos onto my PC 4GB in AVI. format would equal approximately 20 minutes of footage 3. When the raw footage has been edited I always export a high quality version of the finished video and then delete the raw footage. 4. The exported high quality version seems to have the same GB:Minute ratio 5. This means that editing the raw footage saves me very little hard drive space. 6. Unfortunately when editing I use about 95% of the footage filmed (excluding this video!) because when filming Cat & Funny videos we have only ever done 2 takes once. (This event was referenced the one time we did this, anyone know when?) 7. I have 3 external hard drives. 8. I bought the 3rd when I realised that although I had backed up videos on my ...

See Also : you can find more Cheap and Buy Direct from Amazon you can find more Cheap and Buy Direct from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment